Re: compiz on debian, no window borders shown

On Thu, May 15, 2008 at 05:11:06PM -0400, Michael Yang wrote:

> I installed the compiz on my debian (lenny/sid, 2.6.24, xfce4), but
> after I executed "compiz --replace", the following messages are
> returned:

IMHO, the compiz packages have a missing dependency on the compiz-fusion
packages. Without compiz-fusion plugins, compiz isn't decorating the
windows properly or breaking window management in some other way.

In short, I had the same problem, installed compiz-fusion-plugins and
compiz-fusion-plugins-extra, and things seemed to work after that.

--
"Oh, look: rocks!"
	-- Doctor Who, "Destiny of the Daleks"