Re: no flash in opera after upgrade

On Thu, 15 May 2008 23:03:51 +0200
Dexter Filmore <Dexter.Filmore@gmx.de> wrote:

> Today I preferenced etch-backports and did a huge upgrade, so far all
> fine but one thing: Opera 9.27 won't play flash anymore.
> Iceweasel does, so th eplugin seems fine. Pathes and all appear
> correct to me. Ran strace on Opera and searched the output for open
> calls on flash, but nothing.
>
> Ideas?

Yeah, it's a problem with Opera 9.27 and Adobe's latest Flash, which
won't be resolved in the 9.2 versions of Opera. You'll have to do what
I ended up doing, and move onto the betas of 9.5. Opera 9.5b2 is quite
good and stable for me, and Flash works with it, too.

You'll find more info about this issue using the link below:

http://my.opera.com/community/forums/search.dml?term=flash&id=26&x=0&y=0

You can find the 9.5b2 version here:

http://www.opera.com/products/desktop/next/

Graham