checking which ports iptables is blocking

Hi,

I would like to check whether some particular ports on my home gateway machine are blocked by iptables.

I tried 'nmap -v -A 192.168.0.2' and 'netstat -an' but I'm not getting far.

I originally set up iptables 3 years ago on the machine and have since lost the grey cells which stored my knowledge of how to tweak it.

Essentially I'm trying to check whether my tomcat webserver is having problems because of the firewall or for some other reason. It is meant to serve on ports 8080 and 8443, just to the home lan, which it does, but it hangs for 3 minutes on shutdown and despite searching for a solution on the tomcat mailing list, I can't find any course of action.

Thanks,
Adam