Re: how to get a printer to work??

charliesdad wrote:
I have etch. After 4 months I still can't get the printer to work. It is
a HP DeskJet 722C. I have installed pnm2ppa from disk 9. I use gnome and
had it print a test page. The printer started, printed one funny
character and hung. I went to /etc and set up the values in the config
file. It now dies with a rasterto ... error.

I don't want to install source code and anything else other than just
PRINT! How do I do it?

Thanks,

Bob

ahh, we need some info.  HOW are you connected to this printer?

http://openprinting.org/show_printer.cgi?recnum=HP-DeskJet_722C

from that site, we see this:

HP DeskJet 722C <http://www.hp.com/cposupport/eschome.html> Color inkjet printer, max. 600x600 dpi, works Perfectly
and we see this:

     Edited Notes

PPA printer, does not work with PCL drivers (as "hpijs", "gimp-print", "cdjXXX", "pcl3", ...)

The "Cse" and "Cxi" are probably the same hardware but shipped with different Windows toys.

at this point we are at a full stop. We don't know how you are connected. We don't know what you are trying. We don't know what you have tried. We don't know what error logs are reporting. Give us some useful information.

--
Damon L. Chesser
damon@damtek.com