Re: Recommendations on forced disk check

On Wed, 14 May 2008 17:27:47 +0200
Rico Secada <coolzone@it.dk> wrote:

> Hi.
>
> What are your recommendations on using tune2fs to turn off the
> forced HD check on a server that needs to be available as much as
> possible?
>
> If the forced check is shut off, should one run some manual check?
> Also I don't have physical access to the machine only SSH.
>
> Best regards
>
> Rico.

I guess that I'm having trouble understanding what the problem is.
On my servers, e2fsck is only run when the machine is rebooted and
then only after it's been rebooted 30 or 40 times (or whatever the
number is).

--
Raquel
Shake off all the fears of servile prejudices, under which weak minds

  --Thomas Jefferson