Re: Firefox irresponsible

On Wed, May 14, 2008 at 5:00 PM, Todd A. Jacobs <nospam@codegnome.org> wrote:
On Wed, May 14, 2008 at 03:57:43PM +0200, Javier Barroso wrote:

> Since one week ago I'm noticing firefox is sometimes irresponsible
> during three or four seconds.

If you mean "unresponsive," I've often found that firefox is
unresponsive during heavy I/O, especially disk I/O. There are settings
you can change in prefs.js that can adjust rendering latency or increase
interactivity, but I'm not sure if they'd help you in your specific
circumstances.
Yes, I meant "unresponsive", but I think I don't have any heavy I/O (good pentium D, with many memory free and a sata disk, xfce and a few applications (low load average))

I'll use iotop the next time

Hope this helps.
Thanks you