Re: Firefox irresponsible

On Wed, May 14, 2008 at 03:57:43PM +0200, Javier Barroso wrote:

> Since one week ago I'm noticing firefox is sometimes irresponsible
> during three or four seconds.

If you mean "unresponsive," I've often found that firefox is
unresponsive during heavy I/O, especially disk I/O. There are settings
you can change in prefs.js that can adjust rendering latency or increase
interactivity, but I'm not sure if they'd help you in your specific
circumstances.

For example, if I download a 600MB file with the DownThemAll extension,
firefox will appear to "lock up" for several seconds while concatenating
all the download segments and moving them to another drive or partition.
I don't think this is a bug, really, just a limitation of the current
application design.

Hope this helps.

--
"Oh, look: rocks!"