Re: apt-get question..

On Mon, May 12, 2008 at 02:48:29PM -0400, ISHWAR RATTAN wrote:

> I have a debian system installed and want to dist
> upgrade it, BUT I want apt--get dist-upgrade to upgrade
> only the installed debs and not to download everything
> under the sun!

dist-upgrade will only upgrade those packages that are currently
installed with the exception of certain situations, where packages have
been replaced, for example. In that case some additional packages may
be added or removed. It will not download everything under the sun,
but depending on what is installed and how out-of-date your system is,
you may end up downloading and upgrading hundred of packages.

> Is such a thing possible?

If I understand your question properly, then yes.