Re: Blocking Gmail ads

"Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso" <jordigh@gmail.com> writes:

[...]

> I'd be happy with a solution that either blocks all Gmail ads or a
> better method to browse the 14 mailing lists I'm currently subscribed
> to, many of them high-volume. I'm beginning to miss Usenet.
>
> - Jordi G. H.

You can use Gmail IMAP or POP service with a client of your choice. I
currently use Emacs + Gnus, splitting mails using regular expressions
(checking mostly their List-Id:) into gmail labels. Gnus is originally
a newsreader and may be a good solution for such a task. However, Gnus
IMAP implementation is slow and you may want a more "mainstream"
client.

You can also use fetchmail + procmail solution. It is faster than any
IMAP connection but if you have multiple computers, sychronization may
be a mess sometimes.

Best Regards,

Emre