Re: Gnome display fonts have disappered

A. Lester Buck III wrote:
Hi,

I had a bit of corruption appear on the system disk for my Debian
testing system.  The file systems all check fine now, but the Gnome
display shows no text fonts.  Everything else is fine, I can login (it
doesn't show my username as I type), and as I mouse over the menu bars,
various tooltips light up as normal.  I can lauch applications, but
everything is lacking the text labels and menus.  Would anyone have an
idea how I might reinstall the Gnome system fonts or otherwise correct
or debug this issue?

Thanks a lot,

Lester

Try dpkg-query -l|grep fonts and then reinstall all the packages that have 'font' in their name.

--
Raj Kiran Grandhi