Re: window manager

On Tue, May 13, 2008 at 07:08:11PM +1000, Alex Samad wrote:
> Hi
>
> When I login into X from gdm I get XFCE, but when i login via startx at
> the commandline prompt I get gnome, how do I change startx to do the
> same as gdm ? or atleast to set it to xfce
typically i found the answer after posting to the list.

i updated

update-alternatives --config x-session-manager

to xfce, can this be set on a user by user basis ?

--
"The bottom line is simple: If Congress passes a law that does not clarify the rules, if they do not do that, the program is not going forward."

	- George W. Bush
09/15/2006
Washington, DC
speaking with typical clarity at a White House Press Conference