Re: Gnome display fonts have disappered

On Mon, 12 May 2008 17:19:27 -0500
"A. Lester Buck III" <gnome-user-list@compact.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I had a bit of corruption appear on the system disk for my Debian
> testing system.  The file systems all check fine now, but the Gnome
> display shows no text fonts.  Everything else is fine, I can login (it
> doesn't show my username as I type), and as I mouse over the menu bars,
> various tooltips light up as normal.  I can lauch applications, but
> everything is lacking the text labels and menus.  Would anyone have an
> idea how I might reinstall the Gnome system fonts or otherwise correct
> or debug this issue?
>
> Thanks a lot,
>
> Lester

I believe that this is a setup issue but don't know how to solve it. Had it
with a friends laptop that I copied my system to. Ended up doing a clean
install and everything worked find. Did have to upgrade the intel X driver to
experimental to get the fonts right, they were partially cropped at some point.

Would love to know the cause of this though.