Re: Apt pinning suspect?

Rich Healey wrote:

I wonder whether having unstable pinned below 500, and stable having the default value of 500 results in apt not looking at unstable, even when installing packages from experimental?

What happens if you remove the unstable entry from preferences, or if you change its preference to >=500 and then try to install the experimental packages?