Re: apt-get question..

ISHWAR RATTAN wrote:

I have a debian system installed and want to dist
upgrade it, BUT I want apt--get dist-upgrade to upgrade
only the installed debs and not to download everything
under the sun!

'apt-get dist-upgrade' does exactly that. It tries to update as many of the installed packages as possible and may add/remove a few packages to resolve dependencies and conflicts in a more intelligent manner that 'apt-get upgrade'

Is such a thing possible?

-ishwar

--
Raj Kiran Grandhi