Re: problem occurs after upgrading to lenny

On Mon, May 12, 2008 at 08:55:49 +0800, Pete Kay wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I tried to upgrade to Lenny because Lenny has the latest Lua 5.3 version,
> but after I did the upgrade, not only Lua 5.3 is not installed, but apt-get
> starting to pop up errors every time I use it:

[...]

> Setting up exim4-daemon-light (4.69-2+b1) ...
> Starting MTA:exim: incompatible command-line options or arguments
> invoke-rc.d: initscript exim4, action "start" failed.
> dpkg: error processing exim4-daemon-light (--configure):
>  subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 1

[...]

This is a known problem with Lenny right now:

It is fixed in Sid, but the corrected package cannot propagate to Lenny
at the moment. (This is related to perl, on which exim4-daemon-heavy
depends.)

http://packages.qa.debian.org/e/exim4.html
http://release.debian.org/migration/testing.pl?package=exim4

I think that installing the Sid version of exim4-base is the quickest
and easiest fix for Lenny users in the present situation.

          Florian   |