Re: Incomplete downloads

On Mon, May 12, 2008 at 01:01:33PM +0100, Rodolfo Medina wrote:
> I have a slow internet connection, and with large downloads it often happens
> that the download sticks before it is complete.
>
> Does anyone have any experience with this problem, and is there a way to solve
> it?  And, why does it happen?  I'd be curious to know.

What protocol, what program is doing the download?

I find it happens with http downloads with a browser.  I'm assuming that
the web server is assuming high-speed internet and is timing-out before
things are complete on dial-up.  Perhaps it has to do with
transparent-to-me proxies enroute.

I've never had the problem on ftp or rsync.  For ftp downloads, I tend
to just use mc.

Doug.