Re: mailman install trouble

On Thursday 08 May 2008, NN_il_Confusionario wrote:
> >     * From: al davis <ad20@freeelectron.net>
> >When I do "sudo apt-get install mailman" .. it gets as far
> > as the language selection, and then loops.
> >ideas?
>
> [naive idea] try changing the debconf interface: for example,
> from dialog to text or whatever

That got it to install.   I changed it from editor to readline.

Although it installed, it still didn't work without lots of
fiddling.  The README files told about some of it, but still, I
had to change some permissions in ways other than what was
documented.  I did enough fiddling that I am not sure what I
did and what was really necessary.

I don't know why to took so much fiddling.  Maybe there is too
much cruft on the machine.  Maybe I missed something.  Maybe I
messed up something a while back, and fiddled to work around
it.