Re: How to install a font?

Le tridi 23 floréal, an CCXVI, Rodolfo Medina a écrit :
> When I was a Mandrake Linux user, a couple of years ago, I used to put the
> file `simsun.ttf' in the directory `/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/TTF'

This directory is in the realm of the package manager: adding a file in it
directly was not a good idea.

> Please can anybody suggest how the above procedure is to be adapted with
> Debian Etch?

For which applications do you want that font available? If all "modern"
applications are enough, it is probably sufficient to put the file somewhere
in /usr/local/share/fonts/ (which is not in the realm of the package
manager).

Regards,

--
  Nicolas George