Re: Debian-User To UseNet Reliability?

On Sat, 10 May 2008 17:50:05 +0200, you wrote:

Doug Mitton <doug_mitton@hotmail.com>:

 address on UseNet ... and you have to have a real one to get into this
 mailing list.

You don't have to be subscribed to post.  I'm not.

I didn't mean to suggest "subscription" was necessary ... BUT (it appears) your "From" email address has to be valid. My default UseNet config is a "From: doug_mitton@hotmail.x.com". I tried posting a couple of times using that and the post never showed up. When I modified my "From" and took out the ".x" I was able to post just fine.

And, no, so far I am not subscribed either. This thread is a good test and it appears as long as I remember to use a valid (though disposable) "From" address it works.

Thanks!

--
 Doug Mitton - Linux Counter #50401