Re: Proftpd and Debian

On Sat, May 10, 2008 at 06:23:20AM -0700, sadsjon wrote:

Hi,

> I urgently need to use the very latest Proftpd to support some of my
> customers using passive FTP on Windows.

Hum which change do you refer to?

> This is the rc1 release. Even Debian unstable isn't up to this
> version.

Well it's a release candidate not a final release so I'd consider that
as more or less normal.

> Is there some way that I can work out from the Debian build (that I
> managed to build from source) what specific make options are required
> for Debian?

Add a deb-src line to your sources.list for your favourite mirror and
apt-get source proftpd

Now you've the source of the Debian package. Reading new-maint guide
would be a good place to start and the rest of the information is in
the debian/rules file.

Sven