Re: What are these folders in home?

Andrei Popescu <andreimpopescu@gmail.com> wrote:
>On Mon, Mar 31, 2008 at 08:50:01AM -0400, Kamaraju S Kusumanchi wrote:
>> paragasu wrote:
>>
>> > AFAIK,
>> > you can delete all files in $HOME directory. especially the hidden files.
>> > the worst you will get is you lost some setting of the program. But you
>> > can login
>> > just fine.
>> >

>> One has to be careful. For example, Kmail (from KDE) uses .kde to store all
>> the mail. If some one deletes the .kde directory thinking that it is just a
>> bunch of rc files they would be in for a nice surprise.
>
>Same goes for .sylpheed .sylpheed-claws and probably other mail clients.

.claws-mail (what it is called in testing) actually only contains the
news messages and configuration files since it's possible to save
your "real" emails somewhere else.

Therefore, I wouldn't say that the same goes for Claws-Mail, too.

Greetings,

Claudius
--
Mail:         nfs_2008@chubig.net ICQ:              224491597  ,= ,-_-. =.