Re: Postfix Access Problem

On Mon, Mar 31, 2008 at 04:36:28PM -0400, Thomas H. George wrote:
> Ran apt-get install postfix and then fetchmail.  Fetchmail saw the
> messages but could not post them (and, therefore did not purge them).

Have you got procmail or maildrop installed?

> tail /var/log/syslog reported /etc/mail did not contain access.db.  (The
> relevant output is attached as post.txt.)
>
> man access listed modifications to /etc/postfix/main.cf and
> /etc/postfix/access which I made.  These did not correct the problem.  I
> read all the files in /usr/share/postfix and found a reference to access
> on line 201 of main.cf.dist with a reference to proxymap service but I
> can't locate any such service.
>
> At present I can only post to and read the list from iceape.  I would
> much prefer to use fetchmail and mutt.  mutt would have allowed me to
> insert the output of tail /var/log/syslog directly in this message.  At
> the moment mutt is apparently posting to nowhere - i.e. I have two
> mailboxes and ask mutt to send a message from one to the other.  mutt
> say it has been sent but it never arrives.

Ummm, you send mail between users, not mailboxes.
What is the output of your .muttrc?
What is the output of your .procmailrc?
or
What is the output of your .mailfilter?
What is the output of your /etc/postfix/master.cf

> I previously installed postfix on another computer and it worked like a
> charm right out of the apt-get install.

Seems like that setup was different than this one.

--
Chris.
======