Re: Urgent: upgrading ipw3945 to 2.6.24

On 01 Apr 2008, Thierry Chatelet wrote:
> On Tuesday 01 April 2008 05:26, Dr. Jennifer Nussbaum wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am running Lenny. I usually accept all the upgrades
> > im offered, so i upgraded my kernel recently.
> >
> > Now my Intel wireless card doesnt work, because i had
> > been using the ipw3945-modules-2.6.22 package, and now
> > im running kernel version 2.6.24. And i cant find the
> > package for ipw2945 2.6.24 anywhere.
> >
> > I know im just being stupid, but where do i find this?
> > Or is there some other way to get my wireless working
> > again?
> >
> > Thanx!
> >
> > Jen
>

> Here:
> http://packages.debian.org/search?keywords=ipw3945&searchon=names&suite=testing&section=all
>
> Do you have contrib and non-free in your sources.list?
> Thierry

That's all very well, but I couldn't get ipw3945-modules-2.6.24 to build
for me, although 2.6.23 did. And don't say I should switch to iwl3945
because I've never got that to work in spite of following all the
instructions. As a result of this "improvement" I cannot use a kernel
later than 2.6.23 in my laptop.

Anthony

--
Anthony Campbell - ac@acampbell.org.uk