Re: Blu Ray LG GGW-H20L crashes Linux [Solved]

On Thu, Jan 31, 2008 at 06:37:03AM -0600, Ron Johnson wrote:

> On 01/31/08 01:38, Christoph Anton Mitterer wrote:
> > On Wed, 2008-01-30 at 20:13 -0600, Ron Johnson wrote:
> >> The only solution is to take out that excess RAM and send it to me!
> > Sorry,.. I've already threw it away ;-P
>
> Are you old enough to remember when 256KB cost a thousand dollars?

yep, well maybe not $1000, but a lot anyway. and that was so much ram
how could you ever use it all... I mean that was more than a third of
640K and no way did anybody need more than that,

> And now we joke about throwing away a GB...

It's wierd, but I still feel like buying memory is splurging. I've got
a couple machines that could really use another 256-512MB and I can't
quite stomach buying it. I know, I know, as soon as I look at the
prices, I'll realise it's dirt cheap and wonder why I didn't do it
months ago... just a mental block.