Re: Strange behaviour of K3B

On Wednesday 30 Jan 2008, Seeker5528 wrote:
> On Sun, 13 Jan 2008 10:12:49 +0000
>
> Alan Chandler <alan@chandlerfamily.org.uk> wrote:
> > I am trying to burn a Data DVD+R
>
> <snip>
>
> > When I hit the burn button, the dialog box that pops up normally
> > has a drop down box which says the type of media detected.  This
> > remains steadfastly saying no media loaded regardless of whether I
> > have or not - meaning I cannot start the burn.
> >
> > Any suggestions
>
> Did you get an answer to this?
>
> The only thing I got is.....
>
> Are you sure your drive handles DVD+R?
>
> Any new drives should handle DVD+ and DVD-, but older drives may not,
> the older the drive the more likely it would do DVD+ or DVD- not
> both.
>
> Later, Seeker

I think I sussed out the problem

I was trying to overburn the DVD with too much data.  For some reason
the main display said the DVD was 8GB big, when in fact it only held a
lot less (somewhat arround the 4.7GB point, but definately less than
that).  As soon as I had a little bit less to burn, it worked fine.

--
Alan Chandler
http://www.chandlerfamily.org.uk