Re: kernel versus broadcom wlan

--- "wauhugo@yahoo.com" <wauhugo@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I have got the Broadcom WLAN Chip BCM943111MCG in my
> PC.
> "b43-fwcutter" installed some firmware.
> But it works in Debian SID with ndiswrapper only so
> far.
> But, you know, ndiswrapper imports parts of WINDOWS
> into Debian. I don't
> want that.
Ndiswrapper doesn't really import part of windows into
Debian,
rather it just uses the software driver which is
provided for ms,
but not for us Linux users.
Until hardware manufacturers get their heads out of
Bill Gates butt, we'll have to do the best we can. ;)

It is getting better.

Regards.

-- Angus

"All churches, whether Jewish, Christian, or Muslim, appear
to me no other than human inventions, setup to terrify and
enslave mankind - and to monopolize power and profit."
-- Thomas Paine (1737-1809)

######Linux Laptop powered by Debian Linux######
###########Reg. Linux User #278931###########

Looking for last minute shopping deals?