Re: Installation error on Intel P35 mainboard

On 29 Jan., 11:20, Feza <fezaca...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Configuration:
> Intel DP35DP motherboard
> Intel Q6600 CPU
> 2 GB 800MHz DDR2 Ram
> 250GB SATA HDD
>
> I tried install Debian 64 Bit Testing release but i didn't.
> At first, i set startup parameters that are
> "install vga=771 generic.all_generic_ide=1 noapic nolapic"
> It worked fine and installation successfuly done .
> On next boot, Debian didnt find disk.
> What should I do?
>
> Thanks for everyone.
> Feza.

Hey,

i can't figure out what your ide specific kernel parm does. I guess it
is for a
cd/dvd drive.
Well i got some ideas for you.
First try using the same kernel parms on the installed kernel (e.g.
editing
grubs boot line). I don't think that this will solve anything tbh.
Second thing it seems that your SATA controller isn't supported by the
installed
kernel. Check out the backported d-i from http://mirror.home-dn.net/d-i/
.
Could be theres a module matching your controller by chance.
Another thing you can try is to chroot into your installation from a
live-system
to check device mapping/logs and so on

good kuck