Re: Open WebMail Project

On Mon, Jan 28, 2008 at 07:44:31AM -0800, Account for Debian group mail wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Has anyone tried the Open WebMail Project located at:
> http://openwebmail.org/ ?
>
> I'm looking for a new open webmail program to replace the old webmail I'm
> using now on my mail servers. This looks OK from what I have seen on the
> surface but it does use CGI's instead of PHP which I think PHP's would be
> a better choice.
>
> One of the things I'm looking for is the ability to work with large mail
> files. I'm kind of surprised that "Open WebMail Project" in not included in
> Debian...
did a google and seems like it was, but it is was removed because it was full
of security problems.

I had a quick check through the webmail apps. I currently use squirrelmail, but
it looks like horde might be the way to go for me.

shared calendar, nice web interface and the ability to use postgres instead of
mysql