Re: OT: How to detect a keypress, and in which language?

On Sun, Jan 27, 2008 at 05:04:50AM -0600, Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:
> Andrew Sackville-West wrote:

>> what does xev use? it detects keypress and release....
>>

> But that's in X. So you would have to write an X app. and could use Qt that
> has keypress/release methods.

Well, I was butting in the middle, so... salt liberally,

What I meant was xev shows
that there is a method to determine keypress and release and it's just
a matter of figuring out that method. (I realise this may already have
been discussed). But I guess it would be fairly obfuscated since it
relies on X to get the event. NM.