Re: [OT] Using aliases or functions in bash script

On Sun, Jan 27, 2008 at 02:23:10PM +0000, T o n g wrote:
> On Sat, 26 Jan 2008 14:59:35 -0800, Andrew Sackville-West wrote:
>
> > Instead of complaining pointlessly, maybe you could have said
> > something like: . . .
>
> Sorry about my attitude, I was very disappointed that I carefully wrote
> the OP but nobody *seems* to read it carefully.

Apology accepted! I'm sure its frustrating, but it doesn't help anyone
(you included ;) to not point out again that you'd tried that. I'm
glad you  got it sorted out in the other half of this thread.

> Thanks again to *anyone* who offered help.
>
> > No. I don't want to go back into my archive of 20,000 d-u posts and
> > find your OP and read it in close detail now that we are several
> > levels into this thread. Do you see? You are asking for help but
> > asking the helpers to jump through hoops because you are unwilling to
> > repeat yourself. . .
>
> Hmm..., maybe it is time to view the d-u posts on news client via gmane
> (gmane.org) now. You will love it, and people don't need to quote or
> repeat excessively.

Well, I'm actually pretty happy with my current setup, though I do
occaisionally think of that switch. There's something just so geeky,
though, about having all of d-u archived here locally. Silly I know,
but there it is.

regards