Need to configure manually PPPoE,PPP,pppoeconf does not work for me.

pppoeconf is useless for me,when I run
it detects eth0 but after some checks
it outputs:

Sorry,I scanned 1 interface but the
access concentrator of your provider
did not respond.Please check your
network and modem cables.Another reason
for the scan failure may also be another
running pppoe process which controls the
modem.

I have a SpeedTouch ADSL modem connected
through Ethernet and the modem is
configured through a webbrowser interface
and when I test using this interface the
connectivity all is OK and the 4 LEDs
of the modem are green:

DSL       OK
ATM       OK
Ethernet  OK
PPP       OK
IP        OK
Internet  OK

   Connectivity with the gateway(xxx.xx...)
   OK
   Connectivity with the DNS server 1   OK
   Connectivity with the DNS server 2   OK

However when I use a webbrowser to access
a webpage it tries and I see the address
bar of the webbrowser changing rapidly
between two http addresses of my ISP and
repeating the same.

http://xxx.xx.xxx.xx:yyyy/parse-query.php?GEDSTART...
http://something.myISP.xx/images/errors/jst_tests.html...

and I don´t see anything(white window) in the browser
window.I suspect I need to do manually what pppoeconf
could not do and I need help and instructions to
configure manually pppd and pppoe to access the
Internet.

                  Thanks.

Looking for last minute shopping deals?