Re: exim question

On Sat, Jan 26, 2008 at 10:25:35AM +0100, Daniel Haude wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Due a to an error in my /etc/exim4/passwd.client, quite a bit of mail was
> refused by the remote SMTP relay host. I now fixed it but can't find the
> messages any more. Does exim dump them? I still have them in my sent-mail
> folder and can bounce them, but I thought there maybe was some queue
> seomwhere.

mailq will tell you what's in the queue. And look in
/var/log/exim4/mainlog to see what might have happened to mail that
isn't in the queue. If your relay host refused the mail, it should
either be in the queue or bounced back to the sender. If it's bounced,
then exim is done with it and won't have it anymore.