Re: mscompress

--- owens@peak.org wrote:

>>snip>>
> > I found this listed as homepage of mscompress from
> > freshmeat.net:
> >
> > http://martin.hinner.info/mscompress/
> >
> > But, there is little info of help there either.
> > Mysterious.
> >
> > Thanks again.
> > Regards.
> >
> > -- Angus
> >
> Angus
> To find out how the mscompress works google LZ77 or
> merely Lempel-Ziv
> compression (this is the Lempel-Ziv compression
> algorithm-it has been used
> in multiple compression schemes since it is in the
> public domain)
> Larry

Thanks Larry. I tried googling as per your suggestion,
and,
wow....heavy duty geek-speak! :)

Way above my head, but interesting just the same. I
just
sort of wanted to know how to use mscompress to
de-compress
an exe.
Sort of like driving the car without knowing exactly
how every
part functions. ;)

Here's a cool animation of the Lempel-Ziv encoding
algorithm
doing it's thing:

http://www.data-compression.com/lempelziv.html

I guess maybe, to quote a very wise fox, "those grapes
are
probably much too sour anyway".

Best regards.

-- Angus

######Linux Laptop powered by Debian Linux######
###########Reg. Linux User #278931###########

Looking for last minute shopping deals?