Re: Re: Re: help installing to this machine?

***
My motherboard isn't the exactly same (it was a Intel P5KSE) but it has very similar characteristics (lots of sata ports, same IDE channels) except a different chipset. My problem was with a marvell chip that handles the IDE channels that hasn't a ahci mode.
***

So, ahci is indeed the way to go? We tried that, but with the cd install. Didn´t go further, but as we are trying with the usb stick, shall we use ahci?

***
I don't know if your problem is similar to mine. Are you installing from a IDE CD drive?
***

Not sure. I´ll figure that.

***
I remember installing from USB was easy - I mean it was very similar to a CD install.
The images are here: http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-installer/

***

Good to know. What arch you used? Only one more thing: i didn´t find the usb stick images in the link you pointed above. They lead to here, but no usb stick images.
http://people.debian.org/~joeyh/d-i/images/daily/
http://people.debian.org/~aba/d-i/images/daily/

Thanks for your support!

Bruno