Re: Unable to play mp3 files after yesterday's dist-upgrade on Lenny

This is the output of list plugins.

$ xine --list-plugins=demux
This is xine (X11 gui) - a free video player v0.99.6cvs.
(c) 2000-2007 The xine Team.

 Available xine's plugins:
   -Demuxer:
     anx, image, iff, yuv4mpeg2, mpeg_pes, mpeg_block, wve, idcin, ipmovie,
     vqa, wc3movie, roq, str, film, smjpeg, fourxm, vmd, matroska, flashvideo,
     nsv, ogg, avi, fli, pva, quicktime, aud, aiff, flac, nsf, realaudio, snd,
     tta, voc, vox, mod, mng, real, asf, mpeg-ts, slave, mpeg, rawdv, sputext,
     elem, yuv_frames, wavpack.

Also, an upgrade was involved regarding libxine. Here are the lines:-

[UPGRADE] libxine1 1.1.8-3 -> 1.1.8-3+lenny1
[UPGRADE] libxine1-console 1.1.8-3 -> 1.1.8-3+lenny1
[UPGRADE] libxine1-doc 1.1.8-3 -> 1.1.8-3+lenny1
[UPGRADE] libxine1-ffmpeg 1.1.8-3 -> 1.1.8-3+lenny1
[UPGRADE] libxine1-gnome 1.1.8-3 -> 1.1.8-3+lenny1
[UPGRADE] libxine1-misc-plugins 1.1.8-3 -> 1.1.8-3+lenny1
[UPGRADE] libxine1-plugins 1.1.8-3 -> 1.1.8-3+lenny1
[UPGRADE] libxine1-x 1.1.8-3 -> 1.1.8-3+lenny1

Nothing about libmad0 in the log file.

So, what should I do now to fix this issue? Why do I have to
downgrade? Wouldn't this problem be fixed in Lenny at all? Please
suggest the best possible path from here.