Re: old-style ipw3945 module on latest kernel? -SOLVED

> On 14 Jan 2008, Александър Л. Димитров wrote:
> > Hello Anthony,
> >

> > I remember having successfully compiled ipw3945 against a debian kernel a year
> > ago - kernel was .17 or .18, I think. You have to have the kernel headers and
> > then you can just use the standard procedure for compiling it yourself -
> > shouldn't be too hard, it's a matter of ./configure && make install once you
> > have the headers in place. The new kernel shouldn't pose any obstacles, though I
> > only tried it with my own kernel, and not with the official one.

I installed ipw3945-source from the Sid repository and compiled it
according to README.Debian in the docs, using module-assistant.
Everything then worked perfectly with the new kernel. Thanks for the
hint.

Anthony

--
Anthony Campbell - ac@acampbell.org.uk
Microsoft-free zone - Using Linux Gnu-Debian