Re: ifconfig don't list interfaces

> 2008/1/13, Osamu Aoki <osamu@debian.org>:

Osamu gave a suggestion about how to get more useable output by
changing the language to english. This would make it easier for this
list to help.

He(she?) also asked a couple of relevant questions that could point to
a solution to the problem

On Sun, Jan 13, 2008 at 07:23:15PM +0100, Paul Csanyi wrote:

> I removed /etc/udev/rules.d/z25_persistent-net.rules and rebooted
> the system, but not help.

which is not what was asked abuot this file at all

and

> I reinstall the system.

which means that 1) we have no way of knowing what caused the problem
and how to possibly resolve it properly and prevent it from happening
in the future; and 2) the time of the person who tried to help, and
those of us who read the thread has been completely wasted.

If you are going to ask for help, please don't just run off and
reinstall at the first sign of trouble.