Re: [OT] Re: Burn CD

(I was unsure whether to reply privately or on the list. But since there
 is apparently more than one reader who is objecting to my posting style
 in this thread, I am going to explain it once publicly and would prefer
 to take the discussion off-list soon.)

Sjoerd Hiemstra:
> Jochen Schulz:
>> Ron Johnson:
>>> Am I the only one who's noticed that Schilling's mail/news reader
>>> doesn't thread?
>>
>> No, and that's the way he prefers to take part in mailing lists.
>
> Am I the only one who dislikes this kind of gossip?

Sorry, it was not my intention to be mean. I am just trying to find a
shortcut through that inevitable debate. I have seen it several times
now and I know many of the complaints, accusations and side issues like
the one about threading. I agree that my previous mail sounded harsh,
but it really is the only conclusion to draw from earlier threads.

> The real reasons behind the situation remain unclear. I would suggest to
> try both cdrecord and wodim, and see which one you like best.

That's of course fine, but it doesn't help in understanding what lead to
wodim's existence in the first place. Not that everyone necessarily
needs to know them, but if you want to know why there's no cdrecord
anymore in Debian, that's the answer.

J.
--
I feel yawning hollowness whilst talking to people at parties.
[Agree]   [Disagree]