Re: Trusted computing [WAS new user question: debian on a Thinkpad T61]

> Jimmy Wu wrote:
>> I just got the ThinkPad T61 laptop today. I went in to system
>> properties to take a look at the hardware device manager and I noticed
>> it included "Trusted Platform Module 1.2". Now, this raised a red
>> flag for me, as my first impressions of "trusted computing" were
>> framed by this article:
>> http://badvista.fsf.org/what-s-wrong-with-microsoft-windows-vista
>
> It pains me to see so much uninformed FUD being
> cast about whenever the topic comes up.
>
> Hal

This possibly because Microsoft endorses it; makes everyone suspicious.
Probably not so much because they are into money but indecent amounts of
money. But then it might be different if I was a shareholder.

The other reason being there is not a great deal of information around
about this issue which people have an interest in or maybe time to access?

So thanks for adding your view to this topic. That's one of the benefits
of a list like this.

Be well,
Charlie