[OT] Re: Burn CD

Joerg Schilling <Joerg.Schilling@fokus.fraunhofer.de>:
> > >  The real problem is a problem caused by the fact that the people
> > >  who "created" the wodim "project" don't like to cooperate in a way
> > >  that results in quality.  I cannot accept patches that don't fix
> > >  the problems they are intended to fix but introduce bugs instead.
>
> > Hey Joerg.  Surely, from a software development viewpoint, that's
> > quantifiable, yes?  Are there any pointers to the list of bugs?  I'm
>
>  As Debian user, you sould know where the bug replrts are and able to

http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?which=pkg&data=wodim&archive=no&version=&dist=unstable

    * Outstanding bugs -- Important bugs; Unclassified (1 bug)
    * Outstanding bugs -- Normal bugs; Unclassified (2 bugs)
    * Outstanding bugs -- Wishlist items; Unclassified (1 bug)
    * Forwarded bugs -- Normal bugs (1 bug)
    * From other Branch bugs -- Important bugs (5 bugs)
    * From other Branch bugs -- Normal bugs (13 bugs)
    * From other Branch bugs -- Minor bugs (6 bugs)
    * From other Branch bugs -- Wishlist items (6 bugs)

Yes, I can see that the Debian community is having an absolutely
terrible time trying to get wodim to work.  Six "Important bugs."

What I don't understand about all of this is it stems from a patch,
supplied to provide utf-8 support, which you consider substandard
code.  Why don't you work with those who provided the patch to make it
right (to your tastes)?  Why spin off instead into this silly "I'm
right and everyone else is evil!" diatribe?