Re: Goodbye

On 10/01/2008, Michelle Konzack <linux4michelle@freenet.de> wrote:
> Am 2008-01-08 08:09:58, schrieb Joel Roberts:
> > I've gotten a lot of good information from this list, and hopefully
> > supplied some as well, but I'm not going to weed through hundreds of
> > spam e-mails weekly to pursue this any longer. If the list organizers
> > can implement some anti-spam measures, I'll be happy to join again in
> > the future. There's no reason for this quantity of spam to be making it
> > through on a mailing list.
> >
> ------------------------- END OF REPLIED MESSAGE -------------------------
>
> Sorry, but if the "list organizers" shutdown the spamfilters, you would
> not stay longer as 5 minutes in this list....  :-)
>
> I have gotten over 5 million SPAM between 2007-12-17 and 2008-01-05 and
> only arround 800 coming through...
>
> I do not asume you have goten the same amount of spam, maybe not even
> 5000 so you have gotten around 1 spam in this time if you would use a
> spamfilter on your system...

I get about 700-1100 spams a day. Spamassasin on the server only
trickles 10-30 of those through a day (lately more, I've have to look
into that). Thunderbird sorts all of those. I get about two or three
false negatives (spam getting through) a day.

I go through both Spamassasin's and Tbirds spams, and I get about 1
false positive every two weeks, often less. And those are usually
too-spammy newsletters. None of my personal contacts has hit a false
positive in months.

That said, for mailing lists, I use Gmail. Great interface and spam filtering.

Did nobody notice that the OP posted in HTML? There are lists I
subscribe to that would have _removed_ him for that.

Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com
http://gibberish.co.il