Re: Burn CD

On Fri, Jan 11, 2008 at 07:35:51PM +1100, hce wrote:

> Ok, I am going to install wodim (I've  never used it, may take me days
> to learn it). Years ago, seems everyone used cdrecord for burning CD.
> Is it in now days that the wodim is more popular than the cdrecord?
>
> Thanks steef and Bob.
>
> Jim

Hello, that is apparently a long story if you start to read into it. It
has somenthing to do with licensing and philosophy. As far as I can tell
from a user standpoint, the programs appear to be almost pin for pin
from the command line as far as options and what not. Also if your sure
that the device your trying to write to is a burner, I would create a
symbolic link called "cdrw" in your /dev directory to that specific
device file. It keeps the fudge factor down, and keeps you from
declaring the device in your command. Or, wodim from trying to guess the
device.
Good Luck
P. Lane