Re: Burn CD

On 1/8/08, steef <steefvanduin@zonnet.nl> wrote:
> hce wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Is following burn CD command correct? I've got following errors:
> >

> >  $ sudo cdrecord -scanbus
> >
> >       cdrecord: Warning: controller returns wrong size for CD capabilities page.
> >         1,1,0   101) '        ' 'ATAPI CDROM     ' '110B' Removable CD-ROM
> >         1,2,0   102) *
> >         1,3,0   103) *
> >         1,4,0   104) *
> >         1,5,0   105) *
> >         1,6,0   106) *
> >         1,7,0   107) *
> >
> > $ sudo cdrecord -v -eject speed=1 dev=1,1,0 cd.iso
> > cdrecord: No write mode specified.
> > cdrecord: Asuming -tao mode.
> > cdrecord: Future versions of cdrecord may have different drive
> > dependent defaults.
> > cdrecord: Continuing in 5 seconds...
> >
> > TOC Type: 1 = CD-ROM
> > scsidev: '1,0,0'
> > scsibus: 1 target: 0 lun: 0
> > cdrecord: Invalid or incomplete multibyte or wide character. Cannot
> > open SCSI driver.
> > cdrecord: For possible targets try 'cdrecord -scanbus'.
> > cdrecord: For possible transport specifiers try 'cdrecord dev=help'.
> >
> > Thank you.
> >
> > Jim
> >

> hi,
>
> what are you trying to burn: data, i guess? if so: include -data and
> -pad. what i remember of cdrecord: you should point to dev=ATAPI:1,1,0 ,
> try further with -tao or -dao within the command.
> hope this helps.
> reg.,

To burn photos (JPG files) in iso. I tried following command, but failed again:

$ sudo cdrecord dev=ATAPI:1,1,0 speed=1 -tao -v -eject cd1.iso

TOC Type: 1 = CD-ROM
scsidev: 'ATAPI:1,1,0'
devname: 'ATAPI'
scsibus: 1 target: 1 lun: 0
Use of ATA is preferred over ATAPI.
Warning: Using ATA Packet interface.
Warning: The related Linux kernel interface code seems to be unmaintained.
Warning: There is absolutely NO DMA, operations thus are slow.
Using libscg version 'schily-0.8'.
SCSI buffer size: 64512
atapi: 1
cdrecord: Warning: controller returns wrong size for CD capabilities page.
Device type    : Removable CD-ROM
Version        : 0
Response Format: 1
Vendor_info    : '        '
Identifikation : 'ATAPI CDROM     '
Revision       : '110B'
Device seems to be: Generic mmc CD-ROM.
cdrecord: Warning: controller returns wrong size for CD capabilities page.
cdrecord: Warning: controller returns wrong size for CD capabilities page.
cdrecord: Warning: controller returns wrong size for CD capabilities page.
cdrecord: Warning: controller returns wrong size for CD capabilities page.
cdrecord: Warning: controller returns wrong size for CD capabilities page.
cdrecord: Sorry, no CD/DVD-Recorder or unsupported CD/DVD-Recorder
found on this target.
cdrecord: Warning: controller returns wron

Thanks steef and hth.

Jim