Re: Another flood of spam

Paul Cartwright wrote:
On Tue January 8 2008, Brian wrote:
I turned on the SA ok_locales function yesterday and loadplugin
Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::RelayCountry, these helped somewhat.

would you explain these a little.. is that 2nd line a file entry?
how do you "turn on" ok_locales?

I think I turned off Spamassassin, and switched to bogo.. I forget why, some thread on this list I think..

I should've stated previously, this is on a freeBSD mail server. At any rate, here are the mods I made. Search the appropriate Linux docs for correctness of these.

To local.cf I added
ok_locales en

To init.pre I added
# RelayCountry - add metadata for Bayes learning, marking the countries
# a message was relayed through
#
# Note: This requires the IP::Country::Fast Perl module
#
loadplugin Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::RelayCountry

It isn't getting all of this, but it is catching a lot, ymmv.

BW