Re: Galeon R.I.P?

Am 2008-01-01 13:35:36, schrieb Paul Johnson:
> Hardware has scarcity which software lacks.  There's no economic
> reason to sell software.  Programmers should sell their service since
> trying to sell the product is, by definition, going to piss customers
> off and limits their freedoms.

Right, but HOW MANY $USER would pay for services?
Over 90% of GNU/Linux-Users I know are suckers...

Yeah GNU/Linux is free (of charge) and thats all they want.

Using pirated copies of Win-$oftware or Linux free of charge is nearly
the same...

What they do not understand is, that GNU/Linux is developed mostly by
volunters worldwide and then they demand for this and that feature and
forgetting the "please".  And if you do not implement there wishes?
Your Software will be called an dozens of forums a CRAP.

Sorry, but this is unfortunatly my very negative experience with it.

In the last 9 years using Debian GNU/Linux I have developed over 90
programs and tools but they are only availlable for my commercial
clients because I do no more want to bother with $RANDOMUSERS demanding
tonns of features which I personaly or my customers never need.

If my customers ask for something, they will pay since I must live from
something since I am Programmer and Debian/GNU Linuy Consultant.

Thanks, Greetings and nice Day
    Michelle Konzack
    Systemadministrator
    Tamay Dogan Network
    Debian GNU/Linux Consultant

                   50, rue de Soultz         MSN LinuxMichi
0033/6/61925193    67100 Strasbourg/France   IRC #Debian (irc.icq.com)