Re: What is going on in debian-user?

Hans Vogelsberger escribió:
Since some days debian-user list is full of spam. Most of it is already marked SPAM in subject by my provider's filter and therefore gets deleted by my personal filter (and shortly noted in my mailfilter.log). So do all the protesting mails with 'spam' in their subject line, which seem to be quite a lot. Others are found in the junk folder of Icedove. But there are still too many coming through (even Nigeria connection and Lottery mails!)

On Jan 2 I protested against spam with the subject 'Pls check the new site'. After that, some big-mouth thought himself entitled to instruct me about what anyhow everybody knows: that I only receive what the spamfilters let through. Well, in the meantime it seems that every spam is let through by the debian-user filters.

H. Vogelsberger
This problem seems a general problem. debian-user-spanish is full of spam too and other lists different of Debian are receiving too much spam in these days. I can't know what is the real problem but I am collecting emails and learning my spam filter.

I think it's better talk about this problem with lists responsable but I think that's better don't talk about it here.

Best regards!