dpkg-reconfigure exim4-config: please help re interfaces to listen on

Hi All,

I can connect to my IMAPS server remotely to read my home email, but some places block port 25 outbound so I can't connect to my home SMTP server to relay email sent from that account. If I could get exim to listen on an unblocked port I could point Outlook at that port and all would be well – I could then send email from anywhere.

Using dpkg-reconfigure exim4-config allows me to specify which interfaces to listen on - I usually leave it blank to listen on all of them, but I guess I need to put any additional ports in here. Can anyone tell me the syntax for this? It says "Please enter a semicolon-separated list of IP addresses". So if my current setup (ie. leaving it blank) is effectively the same as

127.0.0.1;192.168.1.1;86.2.3.4

I would expect to just add the additional port like this:

127.0.0.1;192.168.1.1;86.2.3.4;86.2.3.4:2567

but that doesn't work - exim says "malformed IP address 86.2.3.4:2567 in local_interfaces" so that's not how to do it.

Can anybody help me add an extra port for exim to listen on my external interface?

Many thanks,

Chris

This e-mail may contain information which is confidential, legally privileged and/or copyright protected. This e-mail is intended for the addressee only. If you receive this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from your computer