Re: [good workaround] Re: latest radeon driver and full screen video

Romain JACQUET wrote:
8< snip

I strongly believe it is a mplayer bug...
I have found a solution. The problem only occured when the aspect ratio is dynamically changed using the gui. The problem is not present when calling mplayer from the command line with the good aspect. (i.e. mplayer -aspect 16:9).

Happy new Year to you too, sorry about the delay, I've been away.
Regarding your screen
69 / 1360 ~ 0.05
38.5 / 768 ~ 0.05
so you have square pixels about 500 micrometers (0.5 mm) wide and tall.

I'm a little unsure as to why you would want to play a 4:3 video at 16:9 [0] but thats up to you, glad you found a work around, if you call gmplayer -aspect 16:9 you can still have the GUI.

[0] other than to make all the anorexic Hollywood stars appear a bit more healthy