Re: kmail: spam filtering

On Monday 07 January 2008 22:00, Paul Johnson wrote:
> On Jan 7, 2008 11:50 AM, Nigel Henry <cave.dnb@tiscali.fr> wrote:
> > Anyone know how to set up bogofilter on Kmail to filter out spam from
> > mailing lists?
>
> Why not use the spam filter wizard in kmail?  Last I used it, the spam
> filtering wizard worked with spamassassin, and did it's job well.
> It's probably the way to go if your goal is easy setup (though if it's
> to use bogofilter, it's probably not what you're looking for).
>
> --
> Paul Johnson
> baloo@ursine.ca

I havn't got a spam filter wizard on FC2's Kmail. I originally setup
bogofilter on my FC2 machine, and it worked well. On the other machine, and
again on FC2, I setup SA, but it seemed to be very slow to process the mail,
which is why I've stayed with bogofilter.

I Still receive all my e-mail on the machine that run's FC2, Kmail, and
bogofilter. I suppose that someday I will have to dispense with FC2, as it
hasn't been supported for ages. It has worked well though, and I've had very
few problems with it. I can say the same for Debian, Sarge, Etch, and Lenny
that i run, along with other distro's on the other machine.

Someone on the bogofilter list suggested to just keep training bogofilter with
the spam that is turning up on the Debian list, which I will do. Generally
though we don't get much spam on the list, just a whole bunch of it from time
to time.

In some ways it would be nice to receive regular spam to the list, and it that
way I could train my spam filter to remove it. Only joking! Perhaps you see
the point though. A whole flood of spam over a day or so, and you don't have
enough time to train the spam filter sufficiently.

Nigel.