Re: vg_md0-swap: not deactivating: busy

On Jan 7, 10:00 am, Towncat <towncat.town...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm trying to deactivate a logical volume and the volume group it is
> inside, but I get this error message (not exactly, I'm writing this
> from memory). The point is, that the system thinks the swap partition
> is in use. However, this is not the swap the system is using (that's
> on another partition), and I turned even that off (swapoff). /proc/
> swaps, swapon -s, ps xaf, lsof do not give a hint (to me) -- what
> could be holding that logical volume? (The other lv on that vg can be
> deactivated without a problem, that's root, also unused).
>
> Thanks,
>   tc
>
> --

I tried several ways, formatted the lv with mke2fs, switched to single
user, rebooted, and there is just no way to get this particular
logical volume inactive. The strange thing is, there is no problem
with the other lv on the same vg, that can be activated right away.
But this one:

# lvchange -an /dev/vg_md0/swap
   LV vg_md0/swap in use: not deactivating

What uses is? It is no longer swap, I even changed my fstab from
LABELs to drives.

So what now?